2017 Honda FourTrax Foreman Rubicon 4x4 EPS
Because a good ride can last all day long.
It doesn’t matter whether we’re talking about architecture, transportation, clothing, food or music: the real greats stand the test of time. And when you’re talking about all-terrain vehicles, that test means two things: how many hours a day you want to ride, and how long your ATV lasts.
The Honda FourTrax Foreman Rubicon knocks it out of the park on both counts. It’s a premium ATV that places a premium on rider comfort—all-day comfort. And we have a great selection of Rubicon models with a wide range of features, so you can pick the one that’s perfect for you. And for 2017, we even have a model with the paint color applied over the bodywork—a first for a Honda ATV.
Every Rubicon uses the same 500-class engine—tough, proven and efficient. You get to choose between two transmission options: a rugged conventional-type ATV gearbox that makes the Rubicon the only manual-shift ATV with Independent Rear Suspension on the market, and our revolutionary automatic dual-clutch transmission with new, smoother shift map and featuring strong steel-gear internals.
Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) is about more than just comfort and a plush ride, though. The Rubicon’s superior suspension engineering gives you the confidence you need to tackle rough trails, while providing day-long ride comfort and excellent traction on uneven ground.
And there’s tons more to talk about: refined controls, strong steel racks, inboard rear-disc brake, available Electric Power Steering (EPS), and even models featuring red A-arms, springs and black cast and machined aluminum wheels. But no matter which Rubicon you choose, one thing’s for certain: Once you start riding, the only reason you’ll want to stop is to refuel.
- Independent rear suspension.: All our 2017 Foreman Rubicon models feature an Independent Rear Suspension setup (IRS) that gives you a smoother ride and increased traction over uneven terrain.
- Honda automatic dual-clutch transmission.: Strong internals, fast shifts, excellent control, true compression-braking capability in steep terrain and an automatic program that upshifts and downshifts while you concentrate on riding-the Honda automatic dual-clutch transmission has it all, including low range and a new smoother shift map this year. It’s one of the best choices you can make, and it’s available on our Rubicon DCT, Rubicon DCT EPS and Rubicon DCT EPS Deluxe models.
- Electric power steering.: Honda's Electric Power Steering (available on the EPS models) features sophisticated torque sensors that measure how much force you're applying and then tailor how much extra assist you need. It makes your life way easier, especially when riding over ruts, rocks, logs or on side hills.
- Painted plastic bodywork.: The Rubicon's bodywork gives it a rugged appearance. But it does more than just look good-it’s designed to shrug off dings and scrapes so it keeps looking good as long as you own it. And for 2017, our Matte Gray Metallic Rubicon is our first ATV with paint color applied over the bodywork for improved scratch resistance.
- Smooth ride. Smooth performance: Honda’s 2017 Rubicon models may look similar, but they offer a wide variety of options: Automatic DCT or manual transmission, standard or power steering, and deluxe versions that feature aluminum wheels and red suspension components. All use the same great engines, chassis, all-disc brakes and independent rear suspensions, and all come standard with the fit, finish, innovation and attention to manufacturing detail that only Honda can offer.
- Engine Type: 475cc liquid-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke engine
- Bore And Stroke: 92.0 mm x 71.5 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI
- Ignition: Full transistorized ignition
- Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Five-speed with reverse
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and locking front differential
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 7.28 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent dual-arm; 8.46 in. travel
- Front Brakes: 190 mm hydraulic discs
- Rear Brakes: 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tires: 25 x 8-12
- Front Tires: 25 x 10-12
- Length: 84.5 in.
- Width: 47.4 in.
- Height: 48.6 in.
- Wheelbase: 50.9 in.
- Seat Height: 35.8 in.
- Ground Clearance: 9.4 in.
- Curb Weight: 690 lb. (includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.9 gal., including 1.3-gal. reserve
- Towing Capacity: 1322 lb.
- Model Id: TRX500FM6
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Red, Active Yellow, Olive
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke engine
- Bore x Stroke
- 92.0 mm x 71.5 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Starting System
- Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Front Travel
- 7.28 in.
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Brake Type
- 190 mm hydraulic discs
- Front Tires
- 25 x 8-12
- Rear Travel
- 8.46 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Independent dual-arm
- Rear Brake Type
- 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Tires
- 25 x 10-12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 690 lb.
- Front Rack Capacity
- 99 lb.
- Rear Rack Capacity
- 187 lb.
- Towing Capacity
- 1322 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.9 gal., including 1.3-gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 9.4 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 84.5 in. x 47.4 in. x 48.6 in.
- 50.9 in.
- Drive Train
- Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and locking front differential
- Five-speed with reverse
- Red, Active Yellow, Olive
- One Year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.