2015 Kawasaki KX™ 100
The Kawasaki KX™100 represents a natural step in the progression of any budding young motocross rider who is on the verge of outgrowing the KX™85, but maybe still needs to grow a few inches, gain a few pounds or simply get a little more seat time before jumping aboard a full-sized KX™250F. The new KX100 offers the perfect blend of a power and a larger chassis for an ideal learning curve en route to the big bikes.
At A Glance…
• Liquid-cooled, two-stroke, 99cc engine produces good power and torque
• Kawasaki Integrated Power-valve increases more mid-range torque and top-end power
• Jetting for the 28mm Keihin PWK carburetor promotes ideal fuel atomization, for quicker throttle response and a smoother power delivery
• Uni-Trak® rear suspension is fully adjustable for compression and rebound damping and spring preload
• Rigid 36mm inverted cartridge forks are 20-way adjustable for compression damping, and provide better steering response and control
• Six-speed transmission has chrome-finished shift fork ends to resist wear and seizing while bushings on the second, third and fourth gears on the output shaft increase durability
• Slim and narrow frame allows the rider to move around the motorcycle, while adjustable handlebars ensure a comfortable fit for a range of riders
• Industry-leading amateur racer support through Team Green™
Liquid-cooled, Two-stroke, Single-cylinder 99cc Engine
• Cylinder head gasket and gasket retention dowel prevents detonation, increasing reliability
• Piston with single-ring design (was two rings) reduces friction
• Lightweight Nikasil-coated cylinder with exhaust port shaped for flow and power
• Large outer diameter crankshaft is 83mm, increasing rigidity and improving durability
• Precisely shaped resin block added to crankshaft closes the gap around the machined area near the crank pin, reducing volume of the bottom-end to increase intake transfer for more power
• Intake and exhaust port bridges are machine-finished for reduced wear and improved reliability
• Rotor comes with rare-earth magnets; the unitized piece is small, light and more efficient; low inertial moment improves low-rpm response
• Connecting rod big-end bearing has more rigid cage for improved durability
• Intake port shape and cylinder skirt allow cooling air into the crankcase chamber
• Primary gear is secured using a lock-nut to help reduce mechanical noise
• Metafoam gaskets for the generator and water pump covers improve sealing
Kawasaki Integrated Power Valve System (KIPS®)
• KIPS system varies exhaust-port height for increased horsepower and torque at all RPM
• Independent valves for each port replace three-piece design, increasing reliability and reducing maintenance
• Produces a broad powerband with more mid-range torque and excellent top-end power
• Breather in KIPS cover improves high-rpm and overrun performance
• Large right-side cutout improves airflow for increased power
28mm Keihin PWK Carburetor
• Jetting optimizes performance with engine tuning specs
• Large crescent slide positions the needle closer to intake ports for ideal fuel atomization, providing quicker throttle response and a smoother power delivery
• Carburetor adjustable for various conditions
• Features large-diameter O-ring and groove on exhaust pipe for improved durability and easy installation
• Aluminum silencer is re-packable like larger KX models
• Thick-base clutch hub rides on needle bearings for smooth action
• Large, 91mm clutch plates add durability and control
• Clutch-release lever ratio is designed for light clutch lever action
• Clutch plate service cover simplifies maintenance and utilizes a metal-carbon composite gasket
• Positive shifting action and rugged durability
• Fifth and sixth gears ride on bushings for added reliability
• Shift forks are hard chrome-finished to resist wear and seizing
• Convenient oil-level window offers easy level checks
• Bushings on the second, third and fourth gears increase durability
High-tensile Steel Perimeter Frame
• High-tensile steel frame tubes have reinforcement in key areas to manage power output
• Perimeter design accommodates optimal intake/exhaust design
• Wide, steel footpegs offer added control and strength.
• Thick footpeg-mount brackets withstand today’s rigorous tracks
• Engine and chassis bolts feature rust-resistant coating
Uni-Trak® Rear Suspension
• KYB reservoir shock features black-anodized aluminum body
• Clicker-type compression damping adjuster allows for more precise damping adjustments
• Swingarm uses large cross-section beams for improved rigidity and control
• Cast-aluminum drive chain adjuster sections allow easy chain adjustments
• Shock is fully adjustable with 24-way compression and 21-way rebound damping, plus stepless spring preload
36mm Inverted Cartridge Fork
• Shim-type valving provides precise damping control
• Firm damping rates offer superior bottoming resistance
• Inverted fork is rigid, providing superior steering response and control
• Compression damping is 20-way adjustable
• Aluminum upper fork tubes measure 36mm in diameter for flex-free performance
• Revised axle clamp reduces under-hang for greater fork clearance in ruts
• Petal-type brake rotors (220mm front/184mm rear) provide powerful stopping ability
• Petal-type rotor design helps clean the brake pads for more consistent performance
• Front brake hose routing helps protect brake line; front guides are just like the big KXs
• Direct upward line simplifies brake bleeding maintenance
• Front brake lever shape offers optimum feel
• Forged-aluminum rear brake pedal is strong, lightweight and features two seals at the pivot for smooth operation and increased durability
• Provide strong braking power with minimal effort
• Black alumite-coated lightweight aluminum rims offer a factory look
• Rear hub features two bearings on the drive side for added durability
• Large rear-axle diameter for optimum rigidity
• Dunlop® Geomax MX51 tires provide optimal grip for a wide range of riding conditions
• Slim radiator shrouds and side panels allow good rider movement
• Flat seat with seamless seat cover and grippy material provide comfort and make it easier to shift weight
• 34.3" seat height is ideal for larger riders who are still growing
• Handlebars provide good leverage and comfort with a range of adjustment available
• Three-position handlebar risers offer STD, +5mm higher and +10mm higher bar positioning
• Two-position handlebar clamps offer STD, +10mm forward bar location for a total of six different handlebar positions with new handlebar risers
• Swingarm surface treatment matches big KX models and is easier to clean and refresh
• Angular front fender, angular rear fender and number plate design match big KX-styling
• Wraparound fork guards with embossed Kawasaki logo protect inner fork tubes and enhance styling
• Factory lime green “flow line” graphics
• Black alumite coatings mirror the reigning champion’s KX
• Grey clutch and ignition covers resist the signs of boot rub to help keep the KX looking fresh
- Engine: Two-stroke single with KIPS®
- Displacement: 99cc
- Bore x Stroke: 52.5 x 45.8mm
- Cooling: Liquid
- Carburetion: Keihin PWK28
- Induction: Two-petal reed valve
- Compression ratio: 10.2:1 (low speed) – 8.7:1 (high speed)
- Ignition: Digital CDI
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final drive: Chain
- Frame: High-tensile steel perimeter design with subframe member
- Rake / trail: 29 deg. / 4.3 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 36mm inverted telescopic cartridge fork with 20-way compression damping / 10.8 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Uni-Trak® single shock system with 24-way compression and 21-way rebound damping plus adjustable spring preload / 10.8 in.
- Front tire: 70/100x19
- Rear tire: 90/100x16
- Front brake / rear brake: Hydraulic disc / disc
- Overall length: 75.6 in.
- Overall width: 30.1 in.
- Overall height: 43.3 in.
- Ground clearance: 13 in.
- Seat height: 34.3 in.
- Curb weight: 169.7 lb.
- Fuel capacity: 1.32 gal.
- Wheelbase: 51.6 in.
- Color: Lime Green
- Engine Type
- Two-stroke single with KIPS®
- Bore and Stroke
- 52.5 x 45.8mm
- Compression Ratio
- 10.2:1 (low speed) – 8.7:1 (high speed)
- Fuel System
- Keihin PWK28
- Digital CDI
- Front Suspension
- 36mm inverted telescopic cartridge fork with 20-way compression damping
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Uni-Trak® single shock system with 24-way compression and 21-way rebound damping plus adjustable spring preload
- Rear Brakes
- Rear Tire
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 169.7 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.32 gal.
- 51.6 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 13 in.
- Seat Height
- 34.3 in.
- 4.3 in.
- 29 deg.
- Final Drive
- Lime Green