*Adjusted retail price excludes destination charge.
2006 Kawasaki Concours
The Concours™ motorcycle is designed for the sport-touring enthusiast who wants the engine and chassis performance of a sportbike, but demands the comfort and convenience necessary for those extended road trips that make life more interesting. As a true sport-tourer, the Concours handles twisty backroads as easily as it cruises the highway, thanks to a rigid chassis and 997cc liquid-cooled four-cylinder engine. The engine produces strong power throughout the rev range and a gear-driven counterbalancer smoothes vibration. The engine is matched to a six-speed transmission to keep the engine at a relaxed rpm at highway speeds. Of course, comfort is a high priority on the Concours. It features a triple-density foam saddle, which is deeply contoured to comfortably seat both the rider and passenger. A full fairing creates an aerodynamic envelope for two when riding in a relaxed, upright position. Two lockable bins are on either side of the fairing for added convenience. The Concours also features a 7.5-gallon fuel tank for long-distance touring, and locking luggage detaches with the flip of a latch for overnight trips. Plus, the smooth flowing lines of the Concours add an aesthetic touch, and special panels can be secured to the sides when the saddlebags and mounting brackets are removed.
- Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power during hard use
- Allows tighter engine clearances for quieter running
- Includes temperature gauge
- Engine is maintained at optimum temperature for best performance, fuel economy and reliability
- Better breathing for more power at high rpm
- Compact combustion chamber for increased compression ratio without detonation on today's gasolines
- Boosts low-end torque
- Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
- Smoothes engine vibration for comfort on the road
- Lower vibration levels increase electrical component life
- Increased reliability and durability
- Conveniently located choke makes starting and warm-up easier
- No fumbling; just a simple push on the switch cancels the turn signals
- A gear for every situation gives better acceleration
- Allows more relaxed highway cruising while utilizing the engine's full potential
- Kawasaki's exclusive Positive Neutral Finder
- A hot spark at all rpm for easy starting, smooth running and good fuel economy
- Two lockable bins on the fairing for convenience
- Instrumentation includes a digital clock
- Provides an aerodynamic envelope for rider and passenger
- Special cool-air ventilation ducts to maximize comfort
- Deeply contoured seat gives exceptional comfort
- Provides exceptional touring range
- Detaches with the flip of a latch
- Progressive rate provides a smoother, more controlled ride
- Lightweight aluminum components provide quick suspension response
- Remote damping adjuster makes it easy to tune the suspension based on riding style, load and road conditions
- Features air-adjustable shock absorber
- Balanced actuation caliper front disc brake for excellent feel and long pad wear
- Large, 300mm diameter front discs are drilled to reduce unsprung weight
- Reliable stopping power under demanding conditions
- Wide rims handle large, low-profile radial tires
- Quiet and low maintenance
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke, DOHC, 4-Valve Cylinder Head, Transverse, In-Line 4 Cylinder
- 997 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 74.0 x 58.0 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin CVK 32 X 4
- TCBI with Electronic Advance
- Front Suspension
- 41mm Hydraulic Telescopic Fork with Adjustable Preload, 5.5 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Uni-Trak with Adjustable Air Pressure, 4-Way Rebound Damping, 5.5 in.
- Front Brakes
- Dual Disc with 2-Piston Calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single Disc
- Front Tire
- 120/70 VR18
- Rear Tire
- 150/80 VR16
- 61.2 in.
- Seat Height
- 31.1 in.
- 28.5 degrees
- 4.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 7.5 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 595 lb.
- Final Drive
- Metallic Nocturne Blue/Metallic Graystone
- Standard: 36 months , Optional: Good Times Protection Plan: 24, 36 or 48 months